Monday, July 2, 2012

Who is the Owl with the Googly Eyes?

These three sets are recent offering from my studios. They are one-of-a-kinds that may lead to further similar items. The first to sell was the owl with the amber eyes. This is not the kind of thing that I usually do but I was playing with my dragon stamp and some mokumegane and it just happened.

The owl was too much for my studio mate, Carmen, “The owl was okay but the “googly eyes should never happen”.

“But they are real amber” I cried.

“I don’t care they are still googly eyes.”

I sort of agree with Carmen but the lady who bought the owl really liked it so do I go against my own taste and make more or do I just make this one and leave it at that? I think I have made a decision.

1 comment:

2 Good Claymates said...

Nice. I rather like the owl as is... Don't real owls actually have googly eyes? You could do one without and see what people think but having this one sold rather quickly should be a good clue.

Have a fun day!